Meet Natalie Talbot-Ayres
Natalie has overseen the Athletic Department for over 10 year. She is one of only 30 in the state of California with a Certified Master Athletic Administration degree. In June 2007 Natalie was awarded the Norm MacKenzie Rookie Athletic Director of the Year from the California State Athletic Director Association.
Natalie's AD background
CIF, California Interscholastic Federation- Federated Council Representative.
Central Coast Section- Executive Board Member.
Central Coast Section- Private School Athletic League- Commissioner.
Central Coast Section- Board of Manager.
Certified Master Athletic Administrator; one of only thirty in the state of California.
Honored as CIF “Outstanding Rookie Athletic Administrator of the Year” in 2007.
- Girls’ Basketball Representative for the PSAL.
HCS Athletics Mission Statement
At Highlands Christian Schools we are committed to instilling a high standard of excellence through our athletic program.
Excellence will be evident in our student-athletes’ character and will enrich campus life and our community. In the pursuit of this high standard of excellence our goals are:
- To foster an atmosphere of fun and sense of commitment and responsibility in our student-athlete when participating in inter-scholastic athletics;
- To produce in the student-athlete a sense of unselfishness and cooperation in order to reach team goals;
- To instill in the student-athlete an appreciation and respect towards his/her teammates, coaches, opponents, and officials;
- To promote a healthy lifestyle through good health, physical fitness and abstention from activities that limit a student-athlete’s potential;
- To encourage in the student-athlete a sense of unyielding effort towards individual academic achievement;
- To mold in the student-athlete a sense of pride for the school among students, staff, alumni and parents;
- To nurture in the student-athlete leadership qualities that strengthen their ethics and faith while developing a mature Christian attitude.
Goals for the 2016-2017 Sports
- Always Honor Christ
- Have fun
- Foster the value of participations without overemphasizing the importance of winning
- Whole person development- body, spirit, mind and relationships with others